The AMCTO Municipal Clerks Institute (MCI) – Level 2, is a two day management retreat, focused on building leadership skills in an experiential learning environment, specifically focused on the larger strategic issues facing today's Municipal Clerks.
You've proven to yourself and others that you are a confident and competent Municipal Clerk. It's time to hone your skills to become the strategic organizational leader you were truly meant to be.
The MCI Level 2 curriculum has been designed with input from Senior Municipal Clerks to address the key strategic management challenges facing todays Municipal Clerk, including: Giving difficult advice in a highly politicized environment; Political acuity; The changing role of the Clerk and the realigning of municipal corporate structures; Succeeding to the next level – trying to build a reputation as a strong leader, while balancing the role of the Clerk as a mediator and facilitator; Wearing multiple hats; Increased public scrutiny and attacks from citizens and media.
Who Should Attend
• Experienced Municipal Clerks
• Deputy Clerks who want to enhance their leadership skills and attain peak performance
The MCI Level 2 curriculum is case driven with rich participant-centric discussion covering topics such as:
- Defining How the Role of the Clerk has Changed
- Developing good policy to change bad culture
- Best practices in effective (concise) policy and procedures
- Dealing with difficult public situations
- Dealing with difficult Council situations
- Leadership while being deferential (the Clerk’s most difficult role)
The curriculum will also address the intricate dynamics of the important relationships the Clerk is required to manage – including with Council and the Senior Management Team
- Building Trust
- Using Tools (procedural by-laws etc.) to advance the Management and Leadership Agenda
- Managing within the Policy Framework
- Tact/political acuity across the Organization
- Conflict Management and Resolution
- Picking your Battles
- Tactical Flexibility
- Developing good Policy
- Being good ethical actors
- Preparing the Council to succeed
The dynamic program includes evening social events with opportunities to network and share perspectives with colleagues from across the sector.
Member $1180.85 (1045 + 135.85 HST)
Non-Member $1475.78 (1306+ 169.78 HST)
Prices include Materials, Refreshments & Lunch; HST # R106732936
Facilitator: Jody Johnson, Partner, Aird & Berlis LLP
Day 1 of the MCI Level 2 incorporates Experiential Learning opportunities in the form of Group Case Studies. Participants will be assigned to groups, and each group will have a unique Case study to work through. In working through the Municipal Case Studies, each team will be assessed on their utilization and demonstration of skill sets such as:
- Building Trust
- Project Management
- Building a Citizen Engagement Plan
- Change Management
- Team Work – who do you collaborate with?
- Time Management
- Ethical Considerations
- Outlining the steps to create an effective policy to handle the situation
- Building a Communications Plan
Facilitator: Garth Johns, Leadership Professional and Human Resource Consultant
Day 2 of the program will start with a self-assessment of your particular skills related to leadership and Emotional Intelligence, and examine how these skills align with the common core skills and competencies required of a successful senior municipal manager, as well as the with the specific skills and competencies required to be a successful Municipal Clerk. Along the way, we will also consider concepts such as servant leadership and reflect on strengths needed to build great teams, engage staff, be a visionary, manage conflict and shine at effective decision making.
Accommodation details coming soon!